If you can’t find Greek almond cookies, use the classic Italian amaretti. Mastiha can be found at Greek
or Middle Eastern grocery stores.
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
1 teaspoon ground mastiha
2 pints raspberries or other seasonal berry, divided
12 Greek almond cookies, crumbled, divided
⁄ cup chopped almonds
4 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- In a medium bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add ⁄ cup of sugar and the
mastiha. Continuing whipping the mixture until stiff peaks form. Keep the mixture cool.
- In another medium bowl, combine ⁄ of the berries and the remaining sugar. Stir until the sugar is
melted. Coarsely mash the berries into the consistency of a chunky jam.
- Gently fold the berry mixture into the whipped cream. Fold half of the crumbled cookies into the
berry–whipped cream mixture.
- Divide the mixture into individual serving bowls or glasses, and top with the remaining crumbled
cookies, remaining berries, almonds, and mint.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.