With a clean grill top and a little patience, anyone can grill fish without it sticking. Serve this salmon
with Tzatziki (see recipe in Chapter 2).
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skins on
⁄ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 ⁄ teaspoons grated lime zest
1 ⁄ teaspoons salt
⁄ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Brush the grill surface to make sure it is thoroughly
clean. Rinse the fillets and pat them dry with a paper towel. Rub the fillets with the olive oil on both
- Sprinkle both sides of the fillets with the lemon zest, lime zest, salt, and pepper.
- When the grill is ready, dip a clean tea towel in the vegetable oil and wipe the grill surface with the
- Place the salmon on the grill, skin-side down, and grill for 6–7 minutes. Don’t touch the fillets, just
let them grill. Flip the salmon over and grill for another 2–3 minutes.
- Serve the salmon with lemon wedges.
Salmon is one of the healthiest fish and one of the tastiest. It helps with heart health, is high in protein, and
is rich in omega-3 fatty acids.