Serve these delicious sardines with some boiled greens, such as kale or spinach.
2 pounds fresh sardines, heads removed, cleaned, gutted, and scaled
⁄ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 teaspoons salt
⁄ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 ⁄ teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill the medium-high. Brush the grill surface to make sure it’s thoroughly
clean. Rinse the sardines and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the sardines on both sides with ⁄ cup of olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is ready, dip a clean tea towel in the vegetable oil and wipe the grill surface with the
- Place the sardines on the grill and grill them for 2–3 minutes on each side.
- Drizzle the sardines with remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle them with the oregano and
If you were to visit any Mediterranean country, you’d notice the locals eating these small fish in
restaurants. This little powerhouse fish is high in calcium, rich in B and D vitamins, and high in omega-3